OSHA’s New Silica Rule in effect Oct. 23rd

All the reason to have an independent vent over it like it sounds will be put over the welding table(s). (So is metal getting a new kickass welding table providing fixturing and all that other good stuff??) :grinning:

You are probably right the vast majority of the time.

Interesting story I think you’ll find funny. I was in there about 5-6 months ago and it was after someone had just used the welder and I was on the plasmacam setting up a cut, prior to putting in my consummables and placing my metal. The room was a bit hazy at the time. A young man who I’ve seen there quite a bit at the time came in like a boss and looked around and mentioned how cloudy it was and that I needed to turn on the plasmacam vent. I gave him one of those looks like, “you talkin’ to me?” :nerd_face:. So after about 3 long seconds of awkwardness, I pointed to the vent switch and told him to go ahead and turn it on. He then gave me the look so I gave it back and then he turned around and walked out…Lol.

After setting up the cut, about 5 minutes, I turned on the plasma vent. Then put down the metal and cut it then powered off the plasma vent and left.

2 Likes