Orientation or courses for new members?

Hello I’m Garreth Wilcock - new member and shade-tree mechanic.

tldr; is anyone around in the daytime in the coming weeks so I can get a run-through on the lift and best practices please?

I’ve tinkered with cars and motorbikes for years, built some terrible art cars, and om on the vereg of graduating from my current hobby of buying broken cars and trying to fix them for fun and learning in my garage. I finally completed an engine replacement last week, so now feel fully dangerous.

Finding the Makerspace has coincided with a decision not to try to buy every tool on the planet, to get out of my garage in summer and to try to build something I want.

My latest project ideas are to fix the last of the broken cars, and then to try something like an Exocet / Miata build.

I’ve always wanted to get involved in the 24 Hour LeMons too.

So, I’d love to get up and running at the Makerspace (are motorbikes allowed?) and figure out how to use the lift and so forth, meet up with like-minded people and find out about how to help out with the LeMons team too.

Long rambling post, but I’m excited to be here.

2 Likes

@Team_Motorsports meets Thursdays after 5PM, and are the place to be for the LeMons and all things racey automotivey, so I’d suggest starting there if nothing else presents…
Yes, motorcycles are allowed, and we have a goodly number of avid (or is that rabid?) motorcyclists.

4 Likes

Most excellent - thanks @jast . Thursday it is then, rabid or not.

1 Like