Open spot for Player* Piano?

Is there an open spot or a place I might be able to dock a project?

When are you looking at bringing it

Could be this weekend, later, or never. I am still setting up the deal and need to inspect the thing.

Will have to be after this weekend

Okay. Shouldn’t be an issue. I’ll update this topic as events unfold.

I am going to check out the piano this weekend. Anything particular I should be looking for?

They want it out before November. Thinking if I like what I see I can get it next weekend or the one after and bring it to the Makerspace.

Is it a conventional piano, or something electronic? Just curious.

Looks like a convensional.

Hmmm. I know we air condition the workshop, but I also know that the doors are open a fair amount. You might check the humidity in there before you decide to put your piano there. Humidity is the worst enemy of a conventional (wooden) piano.

More accurately, humidity that is different than what the piano has acclimated to is the culprit.

Or so I’ve been told.

1 Like

you-can-tune-a-piano-but-you-cant-tunafish

2 Likes

What type of piano. We can’t house a baby grand

It is a 40"x40"x30". Think a small dessor. I am gonna get It! 90$ needs retuneing a new key or two. Some work on the self playing part. Have to get it out before the end of the month so as soon as I can get the bay I’ll get it the soonest weekend.
Gonna make another thread getting the help of two people.
Same guy is also about to sell a jukebox so keep an eye out for that posting on crsigslist.

Just curious. What makes a person choose the $90 piano over the freebies on CL?

I see those cycle through, and always wonder that there are so many rolling by. Are they just junk, too old, too new… I know nothing of pianos, so curious, if you care to share your process in choosing this one…

Just a guess, but I would say this part.

By the way, nothing wrong with those old upright pianos, beyond being heavy and a pain to move.

1 Like

If you want a piano which makes sounds with strings, that’s going to be true.
My piano playing in-laws decided on an electronic one for exactly this reason. Well, that and they like new things, electronic things, and not tuning things, plus it was mostly for the kid-ohs to learn on, so it’s not like sound was important (and the electronics are actually pretty darned good these days, I’m told)…

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion guys. This is a player piano. I thought I specified that in the title :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So will I have a spot open for it by next weekend?

Don’t know what ever happened to this project, but I’m in Mexico at the moment and found a bunch of the rolls for music for it. Running about $18 per roll. Figured if you want any and I can find it again in the AM, let me know.

2 Likes

Paging @engpin

:blankspace:

Skip the paper and bring back some tequila (kidding) (seriously kidding)