Only Three Tables Left for 2017 Makermade Tables at DMS!

Would we want to incorporate this into a future Open House event?

5 Likes

I’d like to see the Open House trend more towards a vendor-wooing event, personally. Which doesn’t preclude something like this, but might change the scope a bit…

2 Likes

I think the goal right now is to have several each year - with proceeds going to the Maker Fellowship fund. If Interactive sells out we’ll raise $400. But this is mainly a trial run to see how it goes. We have really limited space but this does allow Makers to show chase their wares which is also part of the goal.

3 Likes

We’re we supposed to let you know if we need tables? If there are any 30 inch tables left I would like to use one.

Yes. Maybe, Could Be, Possibly, Will have to Check … yeah, your covered.

1 Like

Yes. Want.

It highlights the skill and what we can make at the Space, as well as good part of the community.

3 Likes

I like this idea, but we need to be careful with it. I’d hate to give the impression that the open house is a ruse to get people to come in and buy stuff.

Agree, but if we disclose a “small makermade sale area” on the brochures, it might not be a problem.

1 Like

An alternative would be to really push for a Makermade trade fair day that uses Lecture, Interactive and Purple plus maybe some workshop area for bigger items. Then have tours that day.

I think Open House is something different - it show cases the committees. I thought this last Open House was really the best - not in terms of people turning out but what was shown. It was pretty amazing - I think members they aren’t here all the time got to see so great things. I’m around a lot and saw some great items. In some ways it was more for the members this time - which is great as it helps build us internally.

I would like to see a DMS table at various Christmas arts and craft fairs next year. I walked around the Plano craft sale and thought it would be amazing if DMS had a table that shows off things made at DMS with brochures and information on how to join. Items on the table could be for sale as a fundraiser or just show off member work without selling them. I’d be happy to donate and would help volunteer as much as I can. We’d have to find craft shows that are willing to give us a table for free or for a very reduced price though.

I think a Makermade trade fair day would be awesome - I’d like to keep it separate from Open House if possible but also offer tours during the fair.

ETA that I was getting some interest from show organizers when I offered free ceramic painting at my table. Free activities at a DMS table could help us get a space for free and would go along with a maker theme. I’m hoping to have more time in 2018 - if that materializes I’m happy to volunteer for this as much as I can if there is interest.

5 Likes

Larger files - do as you please

Copy of Marketing Services Postcard Template.pdf (1.1 MB)

1 Like

I don’t mind if those that come to Open House do think it is a ruse, lol. It might interest them more in learning to make.

I would limit it to one room though, as we do use the others during Open House.

3 Likes

At Northlade the art club has a yearly sale, in fact it is tomorrow and
Thurs, in the area close to the pottery lab

A few folks will set up their own table, but most volkd taga nd price their items
For all of those there is a central checkout, and the club takes 10 % That goes to a scholarship fund

For open house I would really like to see a major emphasis on items made at the space, A committee could even make items that they could sell for more funds

I would love to see some us join forces in a coop, It could be separate from the DMS with the requirement that you
are a member of DNS

It would be interesting to see if we could get into the open studio weekend that is done in the Flower Mound and Leweivilles area, We may be out of their ara hoeever, I don t know if there is one of thse we would fit in

Finally! I have been trying for weeks to sign up for a table for the December sale. Please advise me on what I have to do to.

Think you are in the wrong thread. The thread for 2018 is elsewhere. @dryad2b is the main point of contact, I think.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/dms-maker-made-market-now-open-for-table-reservations/46245

This the 2018 reservation thread. Might pm @dryad2b to see if space is still available.

You talked to me in person. If you look at the current thread, you’re already listed.

1 Like

EDIT: ooops, necro thread

@Team_Moderators, could you close this thread?