Oncor Onsite has begun (6-25) Don't park in front! (Updated date)

Go ahead and un-pin it. They are so far south of us I canā€™t see their lights at night. Thereā€™s probably a 1-3 day warning of their appearance to the north, and Iā€™ll be keeping an eye open for that.

4 Likes

With the bases in, I expect that the next phase will go much faster.

That depends. Do they just complete all the towers first, or complete a tower and re-string the wires?

The remaining phases are all nut and bolt work, and (usually) require that the line be powered off. (There is a small chance that they might insert the remainder of the tower with insulating sleeves and do it live, but that isnā€™t consistent with what I have seen elsewhere on 135 KV lines) Working with these lines off shouldnā€™t cause any service outage, but it absolutely cuts into the resiliency of the distribution network, and they will want to keep that as short as possible.

I will add the disclaimer that the pole upgrades on 135 KV lines that I have seen the most are from dual wooden uprights with metal crossbars to the tubular monopoles, but the process is looking very similar to date. Iā€™ll also note that usually the poles closest to the substation, like to the north are much heavier poles, on much larger footings, and take a lot longer than the average pole.

2 Likes

Reposting here because this thread is visible by the general public.

No signs of resumed work north of Valwood as of Monday morning, Jul 2. But expect it this week.

To reiterate the other post ā€“

Oncor is just south of Valwood as of last night. If youā€™re going to be here after 10 pm, parking up front is not your best choice. Do No Park By The Electric Tower after 10 pm.

Other than that, carry on!