Oncor Onsite has begun (6-25) Don't park in front! (Updated date)

This is my understanding, @Shawn_Christian seems very correct:

Red dots being the current existing towers (close enough)

2 Likes

Oh heck, it’s going to take them a while to get to our location …

1 Like

I’ve never seen an auger bit as large as the one they use for the foundation lol

Like this but the width of a full size trailer

3 Likes

Yeah, those bases are pretty darn substantial. But the ones that transition to a substation are considerably larger yet.

Yeah the substations transformers are heavy as hell. I have heard 250,000 lbs plus.

The startup I’m working on,in the (vfd)drive, the transformer is 9,000 lbs.

They’re doing preliminary work at the end of Monetary, near the dead end.

1 Like

They recently finished the base for the new tower just west of the tire shop on Valley View and Denton Drive if anyone is curious. It is right next to the existing lattice tower right next to the road.

2 Likes

They are starting to do something at the base of the tower in front. The name on the truck is “Badger Daylighting” so I would guess they are digging out the soil around the base of the tower.

1 Like

What’s the progress so far? Are they out in front?

They apparently dug out or injected something into the dirt next to the tower in front. Nothing else visible and no further work activity.

1 Like

Apparently work has begun!

2 Likes

From the landlord:

Oncor should be finished with the phase of construction in front of the buildings tonight. I was also just informed, that they’re hoping to complete the entire project by the fall.

Do not park anywhere near the tower tonight, and if you do park close, please be available on site.

Thanks!

1 Like

Today they are working on the tower south of our building block and the tower to the north. They are moving pretty fast. Parking today has been super tight even without their work.

2 Likes

I don’t know how long their “work day” is, but the guy last night said that they start at midnight.

3 Likes

Well, it should be safe to park up front for a while. The workers told me they start at midnight, and then they showed up at 10pm. I would recommend not parking next to the tower in front of us during the night. The current phase of the project has moved past us, but there’s another phase sweeping by. There should be warning – their lights were visible north of us for about 3 days before they spent a couple of nights in our parking area. And, they only took two nights because they skipped the tower directly in front of us the first night.

• They’re only working at night.
  • We should be able to guess when they’re likely to be back in our parking area.
  • I am thinking the next time we should not-park for 2-3 days. I.e., when we can see the lights, we start parking in back, or on the sides. Once they sweep by us, it will be a while before the next phase affects us.
3 Likes

Are they finished (as far as you can tell?) I’d like to unpin this post if it isn’t currently relevant. I can repin it if they come back.

They installed the lowest portion of the towers.

I am thinking next time, they will have to shut the line down, put up the rest of the tower, move the lines over and remove the old tower.

1 Like

As far as you can tell, is work ongoing at this time? Should I (at least temporarily) unpin the post?

Yesterday was my first day back in awhile. There is no visible sign of work activity.

Unpin it until we get more information or observe activity again?

1 Like