OMG, Sen. Paul grilling Fauci on GOF funding in Wuhan Virology Inst

And whatever comes out of China is extremely suspect. The WHO absolutely covered for Chinese. They stated that there was no known human to human transmission when Wuhan was completely locked-down. China allowed their citizens to travel back to their jobs all over the world after their New Year. Northern Italy was particularly hard hit because the Chinese own garment factories there. China deserves to have their U.S. Treasuries cancelled over this.

1 Like

That’s actually not true.

He did it because he didn’t like the idea of the old board honoring existing lifetime certifications versus new applicants which had to do so every 10 years (which they were legally required to do since a lifetime certification had already been paid and issued).

However, his board was full of cronyism and encouraging doctors to make bad choices, such as let their recognised certifications lapse just so they could form a legal challenge.

Paul only ever appointed family members to his board (none of whom were actually in the field), wouldn’t keep with paperwork (which led to the first time it was dissolved), and even put in fraudulent addresses on paperwork for random people up in Ohio who were neither doctors nor connected to the board.

No hospital or insurance would accept it because he refused to register it with anyone to validate its integrity.

He said if any GoF research was sponsored by NIH it was at UNC; this was his direct rebuttal to Paul’s claim that GoF was funded by NIH at WIV.

I don’t even know where to begin about this, but unless you can find an actual statement where he states “I lied” it’s just taking any statement out of context.
The CDC kept shifting mask guidelines because they go by the latest information from studies and what’s seen in the field and update recommendations accordingly.

3 Likes

You’re still bashing Sen. Paul over a licensing issue from the last century? See the video of him doing charity surgeries at the end of the missive.

As to Dr. Anthony Fauci telling Americans (on a very BIG stage), “masks don’t work”, this is hard to forget. “This virus won’t be a threat to us”, is another huge faux paus. Yesterday Fauci told us to keep children on playgrounds in masks; today the CDC tells us that vaccinations free adults from masks, indoors and outdoors.

We’ve made a lot of mistakes in this pandemic, and hopefully we’ve learned a lot. I’ve learned that the person that the MSM puts in front of the camera, could be the last person you should listen to.

1 Like

The International Exodus from Wuhan, at the onset of the pandemic, is one of the most telling scenes. The CCP knew that Coronavirus had broken out in Wuhan, so they blocked all travel from Wuhan to the rest of China, but they allowed people to travel to the rest of the world. Their press releases stated that their was no “human to human” transmission, while they were transmitting to humans on a global scale.

In Steven King’s novel, “The Stand”, he describes the response of national security advisors to the President, after they learn that Captain Trips has escaped their lab. They all say “Share and Share Alike”. The pre-staged plan in the event of a viral outbreak at the weapons lab, was to spread it across the Earth, so that no super power would benefit from failure of our containment.

“Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life” - Oscar Wilde

Sure sounds like a good plan if you accept that we globally have a war of economies. Can I get a remote to fast forward me to the year ~2300?

2 Likes

I was replying to someone that insisted on continuing that discussion with a new, incorrect claim regarding the matter.

And this pertains to this discussion how? Doing charity work doesn’t mean that your other stuff in life is somehow true, moral, or ethical.

This was based on information at the time; a good scientist isn’t afraid to update their position based on new evidence.

Something you constantly seem to want to ignore.

2 Likes

I don’t get the Fauci bashing. He wasn’t in charge. Far from it, he was sidelined last spring by those who were in charge - and we see how that worked out.

8 Likes

As someone who has fought the bad science of a lot of conspiracy 8 and it I’ve seen it before you said in the people that believe in chemtrails they have to Bosch the experts because the experts won’t agree with their wild theories. I get very tired of it. And as to the mass don’t work that’s that is that was taken out of context and was not what he meant at all. Because at that time they were desperately trying to get PPE including mask for those who work in hospitals now if masks don’t work why was I wearing masks? I did not think that the transmission was as aerosol as it turned out to be they learned they learned better fairly quickly that’s what science does science doesn’t go oh I believe this and no matter I won’t believe anything else that is the mark of people that believe in conspiracies I know it’s hard to believe Coronavirus got mutated in nature circulate around the world this quickly and his killed as many people as it has and will continue to but I don’t think that a lot of these folks have read much about the 1918-1919 flu epidemic and what it did because we didn’t have airplanes that could leave leave one point where it was and take it to another point in a few hours at that time it took cruise ships that took several weeks. So guess it move slower but it also whipped around the world you can go back in history and say pandemics it did the same thing but yes they move floor because well people move slower

1 Like

The MSM made Dr. Fauci their point man for lockdowns, masks, and contagion rules. Honestly, I think Dr. Birx had a lot better take on the dynamics of this pandemic. She was Army, well disciplined, with good forethought, and a very realistic idea of how this pandemic would play out… There were other players with a lot more power, and they fell down miserably, I won’t name names here.

The big takeaway is the crux of this thread; Dr. Fauci was there before the start of this disaster, his name is on Dr. Zhengli’s papers. She was dragging these super bugs out of the jungle, and back to her Lab in the center of a major city. Did she use these bats as crucibles to modify the viruses they carried? Dr. Baric (Zhengli’s collaborator) and 17 other leading Scientists think there is enough evidence to demand a full inquiry. Dr. Fauci was at the center of this research, his NIAID funneled money to a Chinese Bioweapons Lab, for research into some very dangerous pathogens.

Sen. Paul caught Dr. Fauci in a damning lie in a Senate Committee hearing this week, which prompted Dr. Baric, and 17 colleagues to step in and go public. They believe that Dr. Zhengli was doing GOF with her bats. Like the rest of this pandemic, this will play out on the world stage.

So, is it necessary to say “I lied” for a statement to actually be a lie?
He said early on that people don’t need to to be walking around with masks.
He then admitted that the reason he did that was because 1) he didn’t want the public to hoard masks and deprive healthcare workers, 2) didn’t know whether masks would actually provide protection in a non clinical setting (made no sense), 3) didn’t know whether masks provided any protection for Covid 19 (They knew it was a SARS virus and knew masks offered protection).

I wonder how many lives could have been saved if the WHO and Fauci had been honest in the early stages of this pandemic. Fauci should have said, “healthcare providers need N95 masks so please don’t hoard them.” They could have shown people how to make their own effective masks, which the Surgeon General finally did.
These moves destroy trust that is critical to future compliance. Fauci treated the American people with paternalistic condescension.

Because the Trump-worshipers need a scapegoat, so they’ll pillory the guy who was only saying what Trump allowed him to say.

7 Likes

No one even wants to talk about the undisputed fact that China knew about the contagion of this virus. It is the obvious reason that it wasn’t contained and became a worldwide pandemic.

1 Like

We trusted these agencies to act in our best interests. Instead, they launched an apology offensive for China.

If this was an undisputed fact, what should President Trump have done about China’s malfeasance towards the world?

2 Likes

What’s Biden doing? What did Hillary Clinton propose? Trump got called a xenophobe because he suspended travel from China. Biden does the same thing to India last week and crickets from everybody.

1 Like

Weird, I thought Trump was president while China was allowing the virus to spread. I thought Fauci worked for Trump while Covid killed over 400,000 Americans. Didn’t the buck stop with the President? You don’t get to aim the bus at a cliff and jump off right before the bus goes over and then say, “hey look what that new bus driver did!”

Hillary Clinton

LOL. C’mon man.

5 Likes

But that same argument can just as easily be flipped. It’s easy to criticize and not offer up alternatives. Trump got tremendous criticism for everything he did during his entire term. The DNC and their media PR arm just couldn’t contain themselves but they couldn’t manage to say one negative word about China.

Don’t you agree that China intentionally misled the world on this? Don’t you think that they should be made to compensate other nations for the damages they’ve caused?

Yes China could have but they did what one would expect a totalitarian government to do they tried to minimize it. Just like what you did with Chernobyl remember that is one of the Tyler Perry in government does. I have government did not do what they needed to do. And I would be saying this no matter who was in the wife. I listen to a lot of world news I have a lot of friends who are scientists and I will pay you something by the 1st of February I could see that we had a pandemic coming me an artist sitting in doubt what’s seem to be more aware than our government laws. We did not do what we needed to do. A lot of other countries took a lot more drastic actions did you I know Australia for one did not even allow its own citizens to return. I didn’t going through a 14-day quarantine at a government Hotel. They’re starting to bring some back we should have done that we should not have a we shouldn’t have lauded our citizens coming back from Spain and Italy. I remember listening to them interviewing someone coming back from Italy and him and the it was our own a locked actions in actions that allowed it to run rampant here you can look at Australia you can look at Mucci 1/2 you can even look at countries a lot closer to China Cha Cha’s Korea Japan Shanghai and they never had the number of cases we had. Don’t blame China bad judgment by our leading officials. I remember our present telling us oh this is he minimized and you know something he did the same thing China did.