OMG I missed the class

I was signed up to take a wheel throwing class yesterday, but I mistakenly wrote it down on my calendar for next week! So sorry.

I really wish when you signed up for a class, the confirmation listed the date and time of the class, and NOT the date you signed up for it. Who should I contact with that suggestion?

5 Likes

Actually we were just discussing what happened to the notification reminder emails?! The system is broken or been disabled.

2 Likes

For anyone wanting to work on why it isn’t working …

1 Like

I know in the past, Sidekiq has been buggered for notifications. I haven’t dug into our programming systems, is that possibly what’s happened again?

That isn’t used in the calendar. You are thinking of Talk. It might be that emails are not going out to SparkPost.

It would be nice if the system sent a meeting invite that you could click and have it added to whatever calendar one uses.

1 Like

I’d love a text message a day or two before the class. Can that be done through Twilio or something?

1 Like

Text message reminders are already in the program, but they don’t appear to be operational and/or have been disabled for malfunctioning (I forget just where it stands right now). We need folks to voluntarily “fix the code” and/or we need to pay our hard-earned dollars to get it operational (again)…

1 Like

As mdredmond said, it would be nice if this system synced with Outlook or Google Calendar. Then they would send out their own reminders. And I wouldn’t accidentally write it down on the wrong day!

But in addition, It would be nice if the confirmation page said “You’re all set up to take Ceramics 101 on Wednesday, October 1 at 1:00,” instead of saying “Your registration was complete on Tuesday, September 28 at 3:12 pm.”

2 Likes

This is being worked on.

Thanks

Freddy

4 Likes