Old technology meets old technology (3.5" floppy)

I never got the serial cable to work to the simulator, BUT I have purchased a 3.5" floppy (yes, the still sell them for about $10) that can be used to transfer your program for testing. It’s pretty much plug and play to your own provided lap top. I’ll write up the transfer procedure and post it soon. The funny part is that while Microcenter still sells the drive, they no longer sell floppies. so a special thank you to Vintage Computers for loaning me a floppy. Cheers!

2 Likes

I have a few dozen floppies if you need a handful for testing or whatnot?

1 Like

yes, I could use at least one so I can return the borrowed one. thank you.
If you bring it in, you can drop it in my personal bin. cheers!

1 Like

Will do. I should be there this weekend, if not before.

2 Likes

Nick,

I have about 80 never used, formatted diskettes complete with labeling kit ready to donate. Every student could have their own diskette, if that would be useful.

Regards,

Bob

thank you. all we need is ONE left in the floppy drive or simulator.
A student would need to bring their own laptop or use one the DMS roaming ones. Plug in the floppy to transfer their file (overwrite the old 902.nc) and go from there. If we get the serial port working, an individual will still need to bring a laptop. cheers!

I never did make it this weekend :frowning: I need to stop letting life get in the way of my Makerspace time!

2 Likes

not a problem. I didn’t make it up either. I have to be there Tuesday - I’ve got a class to teach.