Offering Raspberry Pi Class

Hello,

In support of the new combined committee (Congrats!) … I’d be happy to teach an 1-2hr Intro to Raspberry Pi class next month (Likely the last week of Sept)

To help plan… I’m collecting a list of what people would like to learn about the RPi.
Desired Topics, and current level of knowledge would be helpful from anybody interested. (Zero knowledge is OK!.. just want to know that.)

There may be some overlap with the Electronics committee (e.g. interface to LEDs, Motors, circuits, etc)

Thanks,
Jack

4 Likes

That would be great … lots of people are interesting in the PI and there is so much people can do with it

1 Like

I am 100% in for this, but I have 0% experience. I have taken several Arduino classes if that helps push me above no experience for your planning.

Be sure to include some examples where one might go with a $5 zero versus a pi4 4gb model.

1 Like

I’ll throw in a raspi0 as a door prize. with at least a 2gb microSD

3 Likes

I would love to attend! I have little experience with Pi. I have done a few projects but literally just copied instructions from YouTube without actually knowing what I was doing…

Smashing!! there’s a few Pi’s in the committee area just for classes. They can’t leave the space but feel free to grab them.

2 Likes

Late to the party, but interested… My experience is old school stuff like Radio Shack kits, building computers, loading LINUX on webservers, helping my dad wire stuff on car washes with our feet in water… So essentially no experience.

I still don’t see the class. Is it posted on the DMS calendar or somewhere else?

I’ll get it posted next week … I’m traveling until the 10th and haven’t written the rest of the content.

Thanks for your interest, Apologies for the delays.

1 Like

I teach a number of Arduino classes and have had a number of people ask about RPi classes. I’m sure they will be well received. Let me know if I can help. The next step would be a series of RPi/Linux classes. Thanks for taking this on!

I’m up for this one.

Would like to see the breakout adapter, and how to call device library functions for a specific interface to a specific device; say a load cell or or a X-Bee Radio. IoT stuff