Ode to the Fallen

Electric guitars can be amazingly resilient. If the neck to body is intact, and in pickups are in place I bet it’ll sound fine. I have a couple guitars body’s that are fiberboard bodies (Hofners), and a couple of Silvertones that are Masonite bodies, I think. Sound great. If it were a really nice hollow body arch top, maybe worrisome. I hope someone will try it out and post the results.

5 Likes

yeah I’m sure electrically it’s fine, but you could play that one acoustically which won’t sound the same.

1 Like

I hope whoever fixes it updates us on how it looks/sounds. I’ve always been interested in making instruments, I think building a guitar or ukulele or something would be a very interesting class! I built an electric guitar once, out of a kit but it would be really cool to learn how to do it completely from scratch

3 Likes

Yeah, it won’t sound the same but we can make it pretty again. That’s a shame. When the pawn shops open back up I’ll go look for a replacement. Probably won’t be a bigsby, but I can get a decent acoustic/electric. I think I played that guitar as much as anyone at the space.

3 Likes

I know we had a member who used to build a lot of guitars from scratch, perhaps he knows how to fix it right. I just don’t know who it was, I only ever saw his work, never met him in person.

If not, let’s put out a call for a donation before buying one. Someone may have one sitting around the house that they could donate. I know I’ve got a bc rich warlock I don’t use anymore, but I’d prefer another acoustic electric for the space since it’s more versatile.

2 Likes

Good idea. But let me add, guitars are like V8 horsepower. There’s no such thing as too much/many. :innocent:

4 Likes

The ideal number of guitars to own is: the guitars you own + 1.

5 Likes

Sounds like one of our members with pinball machines :joy:

3 Likes

just one? :blankspace:

3 Likes