Ode to the Fallen

Ode to the Fallen

Oh the tragic vision that befalls my senses today,
For it is my solemn duty to report that on the 5th of May:

A beloved friend has fallen at the hands of its Maker,
Please O’Lord into heaven do take 'er.

Fallen from grace on its palace of rock and linen sheet,
and with it two of the best band of friends we ever did meet.

Not long after the shadows faded,
Gravity decided it had been jaded.

And with a lofty thud our friend met their demise,
As using these screw anchors was really not wise

ezgif-4-a1581220483c

@Team_Digital_Media

13 Likes

“i regret to inform you your guitar is currently under monitoring”

4 Likes

Fixed

14 Likes

No no I’ve got this guys.
ezgif-4-070c4cc63e65

12 Likes

In all seriousness, don’t hang out TV’s from cheap drywall screws. Heavy things need to be mounted to the studs in the wall. This just cost DMS a lot of money.

If I am not mistaken the guitar belongs to the person who hung the TV. DMS will not be covering damage to the guitar.

5 Likes

I’m just curious what the guitar looks like now, if it was mangled beyond recognition or just a few scratches. It looked like a beautiful guitar!

I’ll grab some pictures of the damage next time I am up there to sign our rent checks and stuff. It wasn’t a super fancy guitar but it did play pretty nice. It’s a shame it was hit.

1 Like

Your prose ranks right up there with my “Saga of the Wayward Fluke Meter” :smirk:

2 Likes

The guitar was a donation. It’s DMS property per the digital media chair.

1 Like

Damn, that sucks even more. Now we have at least two pieces of equipment destroyed because of shoddy workmanship on the TV mount.

2 Likes

Guys, Kevin made a decision. That’s not going to change. Please stop talking about it. No need to beat a dead horse.

1 Like

I mean, I’m no guitar expert, but it looked like the neck was still attached to the body, which I think is a solid ‘DMS Grade’ at minimum.

4 Likes

What are you talking about? And why are you defending Kevin? Nobody accused him of anything…

Oh the irony!

6 Likes

Very true, we can probably rebuild it better than it started out. :wink:

B.B. King’s guitar “Lucille” had a car flip over on it and he was still able to play it. In fact, in his song “Lucille”, he said it saved him from getting crushed by the car. I understand that wasn’t a Gibson ES-335, but it wasn’t a car that fell on it either. I think it will be fine after it’s tuned. And the TV should be covered by the replacement plan. Wait. You did get the replacement plan, right? Lol.

4 Likes

No replacement plan.

As for the guitar, I’ve got personal experience with guitars being both indestructible and shockingly fragile. I had a strat that repeatedly got left on the patio in the rain and never needed anything other than new strings. I had a Yamaha bass that I bumped into an amp with and the head cracked and one of the keys broke completely off.

I’ll take a look at it when I go up to sign the rent checks and see if it’s salvageable.

3 Likes

Some guitars are just built to take more bumps than others, I guess.

2 Likes

It seems to be an acoustic/electric hybrid. The acoustic sound won’t be the same though with some woodworking salvageable. The frets, pickups, etc seem fine from an electric side but I didn’t plug it in. All the damage went to the back of the body

@Mrksls2 the main damage is on back, the neck seems straight and the action on the strings seem fine. I didn’t notice any buzzing or anything. Do you think you could fix it?

There is also a broken switch on the front but that’s an easy fix.