Notice to all Welders & Plasma users - PPE provisions

That’s the one I linked in the thread earlier as well, mine is the fancy artwork version, but it’s the same electronics and shell (3350).

I’d also like to add the features I love about it:

1. It has a shield range from 5 to 13, which means I can weld with it on any welder, any amperage we have, and then turn it all the way down and use it to watch the plasma cuts (which is somewhere between shade 5 and shade 7 depending on who you talk to). It’s also handy for people who are older, and might need a shade 8 to be able to see the weld as most helmets won’t do a shade 8 for liability reasons.
  2. The sensors for activating the helmet are on the four corners of the lens, which means you can cover one or two of them while welding and the helmet doesn’t turn itself suddenly bright. This is really handy for TIG welding as “cheaper” helmets don’t always catch the lower amperage TIG light enough and will flash in and out while your are welding which is both dangerous and annoying.
3 Likes

The more sensors the better for TIG because arcs smaller and more easily blocked. I love be able to use my helmet in grind mode.