Non member lab tour

Hi, im Karson and and my non-member friend, Leeca, would like to do a tour of the science department. She is interested in chemistry, and this will help her decide if she wants to become a member. Im hoping that a experienced person in this department can give her a breakdown of what projects y’all have done and are being worked on.

perferably thursday 2/23 6:45pm -9pm
2nd choice is friday 2/24 5:45-9pm

1 Like

@Team_Science @frondog_s @kobin

d5ba40bd8586ed3bcc3cc5824d0c0859

Hey Karson! I won’t be around Thursday evening, but I’ll be around all day on Friday if you guys want to stop by. Any time that day works for me; just let me know when you plan on coming so I can be at the front door to let you in. :slight_smile:

@frondog_s can probably give a tour and he can tell you what timeframe works best. You can also stop by any Sunday between 2:30 to 5pm since that’s our informal group meeting time where we work on committee projects and just hang out in the Science Lab area.

We’ve held classes on silver plating glass, electroplating 3d printed objects, and soap making. To be honest we haven’t had many personal chemistry projects because the fume hood is not working yet, although we are planning on getting it running by this summer. There is glassware, hot plates with stir bars, equipment to distill essential oils and various chemicals available depending on what you want to do. We keep the chemicals locked up for safety purposes. Let me or Sam know if you have any specific questions :slightly_smiling_face:

what about same times next week

? I think he said he could do Friday. Just let him know when you plan on showing up.

Next week would work too, but I still won’t be free on Thursday evening (I have an ongoing event on that day). If you want to do Friday, though, this week or next week, I will be here!

Ok well th imma try to work something out with my schedule. I only know Thursday evening, if I’m working on Friday. I Probably will. If not ill let you know what time we will show. I also have a key fob, So you don’t have to wait by the door.

Sounds good! Any other day would also work, just not Thursday evening or Sunday before 2:00. Let me know when you figure out a time!