Nissan Altima Engine Swap

Hello, I am making this post for general awareness that I will be using the car lift this Saturday, March 9th, to swap an engine in my car. I probably won’t finish Saturday but will return another weekend. I shouldn’t be using the lift on Sunday if the auto shop at all.

2 Likes

@sixshot357

Cool beans!

If you haven’t already you’ll need to make sure you’ve been signed off to use the lift.

I’d recommend looking through the process on ProDemand ahead of time as well! It’s a great resource for vehicle-specific directions and repairs!

The lift is FCFS, but it’s yours for as long as someone is actively working on the car (with the exception of reasonable meals/parts runs etc., leave a note on the car with your name/contact/time, don’t leave the car in the air).

Apologies if any of this info is redundant, just wanted to make sure I’ve covered our bases! Feel free to reach out for help/questions on Talk, Discord or in-person. Folks around the space are usually happy to help out where they can!

Have fun, be safe and welcome!

2 Likes

Just a FYI for those wanting to use the lift - you can always check the cameras to see if the lift [or a bay] is open.

Dallas Makerspace Area Cameras – Dallas Makerspace

It doesn’t mean that someone won’t pull in while you’re driving there [it happens] or how when a job is done - but it helps.

1 Like

What time do you plan on starting ?