Nexus 7 tablet (2013) modern replacement review

Nexus 7 (2013) replacement hardware review!

I bought my N7 a day or two ahead of the “public” release (the Best Buy I hit up broke the release date by 48 hours or so) and was a huge fan of the hardware and format for years. After accidentally bitch-slapping it down to concrete and breaking the screen a couple years ago, I’ve been looking for a decent replacement, and I finally found one. I now am the happy user of a Xiaomi Mi Max2 phone that has worked out great for me after 2 years of frustration trying to use the lower end 7" Android tablets that are typically available these days.

The MiMax 2 has a 6.4" 1080p screen, Snapdragon 625 CPU, 4Gb of RAM, 64Gb of storage space, and a combo MicroSD/SIM card slot for further storage room in addition to the regular microSIM slot. It’s a Chinese origin phone so it doesn’t cover all of the usual US cellular bands (No Verizon), but since I use AT&T it’s been working fine, and I would have been happy using it just as a straight WiFi only tablet.

Overall, a worthy replacement to my N7, with an update to the hardware in this size format that you won’t find in the slow-ass CPU and 1Gb RAM cheap 7" tablets you can find these days, and all for $250

5 Likes

I still have my 2012 n7, I keep trying to breathe some new life into it but it seems it is too far gone :confused: