Next Screen Printing class

Can any one give me an idea when the next screen printing class is likely to be?

2 Likes

No promises, rough estimate from Astrud for anything she would teach is in August. I can’t speak for any of the other printmaking teachers.

1 Like

No promises expected, just looking for a clue :wink:

I’m in the same boat, just want a clue. i took the first part of the screen printing class, but i haven’t been available for the 2nd part. And when i am available, there is no class. :frowning:

Actually I just need the first. The way my luck has been running, it will probably be scheduled next week while I’m gone.

Seconding. I added onto an older thread that last mentioned screen printing, but maybe it got lost in the ether.
I’m about to finish up a digital file of the design I need, but have no idea where to go from there.

As I had posted earlier, the soonest to expect a class from Astrud (@PrintWitch) is August. We are booked solid through with personal, non-Makerspace projects until the end of July and are unavailable until then.

I can’t speak for any of the other teachers, but I know at least one of them is also temporarily unavailable for at least several more weeks.

Just a quick note in preparation for August; I’d love to get in on a class, especially prior to an event I have in September where these skills would be useful, but due to my work schedule, I’m personally unable to make any weekday classes that start prior to 7:30pm.

I know the schedule is dependent on the person giving the class, but am hoping that if they don’t have any conflict, a later-than-normal class start would be of tremendous help. Just putting it out there.

McFlyDallas

Wait, you’re allowed to have a life outside DMS?

To clarify, what class(es) are being requested?

1. T-shirts and totes ( basic instruction on pulling plastisol ink on fabrics with a pre made screen)

2. Emulsion ( burning your own image into a screen)

3. Screen basics ( printing on paper, and general overview of screen printing techniques)

2 Likes

For me, starting at zero and getting to the point I can do fabric (T-Shirts and Totes)

What Oz said; progressing from 3 to 2 to 1.

I am:
a) finishing up an image file (bitmap to jpg) that will likely need to be reformatted into whatever file it needs to be in order be burned on a screen; and then
b) will need to make a screen from that file; then
c) learn to use that screen to print onto fabric (in my case, handkerchiefs)

McFlyDallas

Isn’t the class information discussed on the Flyingprintmonkeys group? You interested folks should wander over by Print Making and get on their group. It’s listed on the whiteboard over there…

1 Like

Silly me… here I was thinking that’s what MakerSpace Talk and the Calendar were for.

By and large, yes. A very few groups have their own communication things. The classes will eventually be on the Calendar, but you’ll get an early warning of when to look for what.

1 Like

Yes, everything gets posted on Talk and in the official calendar, but most teschers post advanced warnings on the printmonkeys mailing list and calendar.

2 Likes

How do we find such secret groups? :eyes:

For this one, you walk over to the Print Area and read their white board. Jewelry has their own discord, and you could probably ask someone for an invite.

1 Like

Keep an eye out, 2 classes going live for the 26th in the next day or so. One for Emulsion, and one for tshirts and totes.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m still getting used to where to find information, any updates on any upcoming screen print to paper or screen print to cloth classes? Thank you