Next Monday Night Class(25th) - Build a Bird House only $10

Great intro to woodworking class tonight @ 6:30 - 8:30

If you know someone that would enjoy a nice introduction to wood working while building a real bird house to help a bird family this spring, please let them know to sign up. They wil have a blast while making something that is both functional and attractive.

This is a great first project class for new members of DMS. You will learn how to use basic hand tools such as a drill, hammer, and clamps. Yu will also learn the best practices for using wood glue.

Even if you live in an apartment, a family member or friend will enjoy your hade made bird house as a gift.

Meet your instructor:
@BirdMan “Peter” is both an accomplished woodworker and outdoors enthusiast. He not only teaches members how to build bird houses, he also has several surrouding his own home.

7 Likes

Yep…I made one in his last class. Fun and informative. If there is a spot still open on morning of 25th for next one, I’ll probably snag it and come do it again…I’d like to have a matching pair and it’s nice to have all the materials sitting there ready to go :–)

Also a great way to support the local wildlife…both your neighborhood birds/owls and Peter!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/21510

1 Like

When I just looked at the calendar I saw 2 spots for Mondays class. I am a member but wanted to know if my non members boyfriend can take a spot? I registered for one but might have to cancel if it’s a no go on him. Ty

If it let you register him with his email, then the class is open to all.

The class is “members only” even though only hand tools are used.