Next Lathe Training

When is the next Tormach-8L Lathe training? Or engine lathe training?

1 Like

I believe Bob just taught a lathe class 2 weeks ago on the 3rd. The manual lathe class is a pre-requisite before the 8L can be attended. We are still looking for teachers to fill that void on the 8L since Nick passed. There has been a couple ad-hoc classes but I do not want those who have been teaching it to get burned out. It unfortunately happens quite often.

No problem, not a rush, I’ll look out for the next lathe class.

I plan to teach a tormach 8l class in July I just need to fit it in with the other classes I will be teaching . Watch the calendar .

2 Likes

@keoliver – you are required the Clausing Colchester as a pre-requisite for the Tormach, yes?

So, the normal sequence is: Take the online class that’s a pre-requisite for the Clausing Colchester. We got that put onto Learn – I believe that it’s the link for the Engine Lathes. You have to sign into Learn to view the selections. Once you’ve passed the quiz, then come back to Talk and we can ping Bob. He’ll set up a Clausing Colchester class. Once you’re past that, then you can take Kevin’s class.

1 Like

Yea colchester class is a prerequisite for the Tormach

2 Likes

Passed the online test. I’ll keep an eye out for the class. Thanks !

2 Likes

So, I’m going to ping @BobKarnaugh, as I got the impression that it’s no longer easy to tell when new folks have been added to the Active Directory?

Jim,

I don’t anticipate giving the Colchester lathe class again until some time in July. If additional persons emerge wanting the class, that could be early July. In the mean time if you have a project being held up for simple run in the Tormach and have your part CAM’d one of the Tormach experienced fellows may run it for you so that you can move on with the project.

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

July is fine. I look forward to it!