New Woodpecker Slab mill

Following, also interested.

Reading this post might give you some additional information:

2 Likes

Would someone be able to train me on the slab router table tomorrow (Thurs 7/14) evening?

It’s not up and running as of yet - this should be the last weekend of work to get the slab mill ready for general use for member ship

1 Like

I just got word on the replacement Router has been shipped and the ETA is next Tuesday…

1 Like

@cvrana … …

Thanks. I missed this.

1 Like

How do we merge the two threads @admin

Ask, and ye (may) recieve. They are now one.
Aside: the mod team is the one to summon for this kind of tequest.

3 Likes

I’m starting the mods on the next iteration of the dust shield. Let me know if you have any requests / feedback on it. I’ll try to incorporate it.

Sure…
the port for the dust collection on the router body base side… can you rotate it so the oblong part is more in line with the opening on the opening… currently it’s at an angle( / ) like this… can you make it more Horizontal the opening.?

The other thing is the size of the opening we have tape currently wrapped around the plug-in of the 2 1/2 inch port hose… I know you keep talking about just use a hose clamp to tighten it down but it’s gotta be removable so it would be better if the port on the dust collector part just slid it in and out because we’re gonna be putting the stuff in and out of the drawer when not in use…

We’ve got to be able to take it apart not the dust shield off the router but just be able to disconnect it easily. Remember most people at Makerspace aren’t smart

The only other t Thing I can think of is adding to fillet it to the bottom inside edge of the part. The edge where the part meets that corner of the router base…

Sorry I don’t have pictures to show you

Thank you - I chose admin - I didn’t know that levels were in use on this tool

Hey, super excited about this slab mill and everything is looking better and better!
Curious if this will be able to mill epoxy river tables or how I could get this done at the MS. I have one project I need to finish that’s about 30x30” and 30x45” and wafer/disc slabs cut from her tree we removed from her home she didn’t want to completely go to waste, and should be dry enough to pour.
I do have another table I need to mill that’s about 4x6’, again an epoxy river table.
Any insight or info would be very much appreciated so I can get these projects wrapped.:pray:t2:

-James Dorsett

We can help you with your large table on the Multicam. It does a nice job on stuff like that. You’ll likely have some light sanding to do because it’s usually a couple thous out of tram. But it’s good enough to get you super close to flat.

I’ve done countertops, etc. for folks and it’s really very good.

@SWA

I tried to follow along this thread to find out if the slab mill is actually up and running yet. Is it? If it is, do we need to go through a training for this? If so, how do I sign up? and I would need to come with my own flattening bit correct? Also, if it’s not when will this be ready to go? Just curious?

Given the list that @got_tools posted 5 days ago, I’d say it’s not yet running. We’ll let the guys address the rest of your questions.

That would be so great! Thanks and how can I get with someone to figure this out?

Best-

James

I meant to reply to your message directly

Friends not yet… we should be able to finish the last of the things that need to be finished… I’ll update the list of items this evening… and post here…

1 Like

Thanks @TBJK for making the grooves in the router plate…

What’s Left::

I have the sheet of Baltic plywood of the Drawer, I’ll pick the last sheet up this week… that will be the last of it for drawers and cabinets…

Waiting on the revision of the dust ports…

We need the Shepard hook still to handle the hoses…

How to use the Machine process Document. Revision and finalized…

I need someone with access to the CNC to make a Jib for cutting boards. I have the CNC files and materials… let me know if you have access and want to take this on??

If you can help please reach out… we are so close to getting this thing opened up to the space…