New Woodpecker Slab mill

I’m be up at DMS this weekend, if the Slab Mill is up and running is there any chance I can get signed off on it?

All, We are still waiting on the revisions for the slab mill dust ports… the Prototype is just helps on by 3m double sided tape… which will come off with moderate use…

There’s a couple of things that still need to made to hold down for slabs…I’ll be finishing them up tomorrow:

If the ports are ready then we can move forward with training on Saturday. Afternoon… I would like to train the trainers first, while the slabmill is simple in design, there was a lot of engineering put into it… it’s not a simple as it looks…

Project clamping is an advanced technique… but once you know , you know how to do this…

as well as setting the router up is akin to manually setting the material height on the CNC.

I’ll update the post tomorrow

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. If it isn’t ready for members to use this weekend I’ll just wait until it is.

Sorry peeps - The slab mill will not be ready this weekend. We needed utilize the slab mill router motor for the router table and Wood shop. We’re working on getting that motor warranty once it’s returned we will be back up and running with the slab mill

3 Likes

@got_tools Do you guys still need a revised dust port?

As far as I know Evan I do… I’ve reached out to me I think you as well but I don’t remember I haven’t heard a response from anybody

Would you have time Saturday morning to meet up?

have we got a replacement router?

Next week it will be here

Hello! I saw that fancy new slab sled sittin’ over yonder and was wondering if/when it will be ready to go any time soon? I have the perfect piece for it!

Thanks!

1 Like

@got_tools is working on getting it setup! He could give you a better timeline :grinning:

1 Like

I’m working on dust collection now I’m hoping to have it finishes tomorrow or by Friday…

I myself have 3 slabs myself to flatten…

I could use help if you would like?

11 Likes

Nice! When are you needing help?

I’d be down to help you. Just let me know when.

I’ll I’ll be at Maker space at 2 o’clock today working on the dust collection

Ack! I just saw this its 1:20pm. Gonna PM you

1 Like

Ran into a couple of problems with setting up hanging the dust tubes…

First we have a large HVAC return in the way that we can probably fish one of the wire hangers around…

The second issue is the lift isn’t working now. I think of the sensors for the stabilizers is the issue … I’ve sent a message to Freddy for help… it may need a tech to come fix the lift.

If it’s feasible to complete that step with a ladder, count me in to do the climbing! I’ll be around tomorrow afternoon around 3ish.

We resolved the issue with the person lift. We will pick this back up on Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

What do I need to do to get signed off on the slab router sled this weekend?