New Multicam CAM Class

I was thinking more of references planes and axes, etc. But I definitely think I have plenty to cover. I kinda just want to start with a sort of philosophy of CAD. That is to say there are multiple ways to skin a cat. But there’s usually a best way.

Sounds good. You should set up a class

@Hanna_Kessler I was wanting to sit in on your beginner class to introduce myself & mingle with the SW makerspace community. I’m a CSWP with 20+ years experience in product design & development. I’d love to participate in the space and teach a class but wanted to speak with you about what gaps to fill. If you could message me I’d love to chat about it.

2 Likes

I’ll have to see. My university should let me know soon if they’ll let me teach over the summer. If they do, I won’t have time to teach at the space. But if they don’t I’ll rejoin and set up a few classes.

1 Like

Awesome! I would love to have you teach classes. I use SW regularly but I don’t know all the bells and whistles. There is definitely lots more room for teachers. Most people have zero experience or very little, so beginner classes are going to be my focus for now, but once we have a decent base of people with some experience I could definitely see classes on specific topics being really cool. Sheet metal features I think are particularly interesting but you could definitely ask around for what students want to learn.

1 Like

I had some fun with sheet metal in SolidWorks about 5 years ago at Delta Airlines. My sheet metal brackets (5 or 6 different parts) are on about 1700 pieces of ground service equipment and I had never done any substantial CAD before that. Certainly no higher education in that (I was a biology major and dropped out). If you fly Delta and see blinky lights on a belt loader, that was me :slight_smile:

1 Like