New Member training Sign-Off?

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I’m wondering what training, if any, is required to use the 3d printers. I have ample experience with Ender 3’s, OctoPrint, and the Bambu X1C (without AMS).

I would love to learn the proper process for resin printers too but it doesn’t have to be at the same time.

I can come by at around 3:45 11/2 or 11/3.

All 3D printer use starts with the Polyprinter training. Polyprinter training is available online.

You will sign in using your DMS account, not your Talk login.

After you pass the quiz with a score of 100%, then you are automatically entered into the permission group (“AD group”) for the printers, although it may take 30 minutes for it to actually happen.

The resin printers have their own training that you take after the Polyprinter training.

Elegoo resin printer training
Phrozen resin printer training (add-on to Elegoo)

All of those trainings are (at least a little) out of date but for now that’s what we’re using. Shouldn’t be an issue for you with your prior experience.

1 Like

The big thing to remember with the smaller resin printers is that they use water-washable resin, and so the stuff there is generally geared in that direction. If you’re going to use more a standard IPA wash, you’ll need to make sure you have the correct supplies to bring with you and account for that when washing / curing / disposing of used IPA.

Thank you so much! I went through the training and am getting set up. I am also interested in getting signed off to use the X1 Carbon, how would I go about that?

Set a time up with me.

1 Like