New Member (Ceramics Training Needed)

I just got a membership for Christmas and I’m excited to start making some ceramics! Will there be any new beginner classes coming up soon? I noticed the ones on the schedule are currently booked. I just realized I probably should have waited to get the membership because there is not much I can do before I get cleared, correct? I have already had a tour and set up my key card. Is the best thing to do just wait and signup once a class becomes available?

I noticed that there are some woodshop classes coming up but I am mostly focused on making some pottery. I just hate to waist money on the membership if I can’t really do anything yet :slight_smile:

I understand that these things take time. I’m just impatient and excited to get started!

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi Will!
Welcome! :slight_smile: We do have some very great classes that you will definitely benefit from. Before you do anything- please read our ceramics wiki here - it tells you all sorts of cool stuff like how to get started.
Do you have a history with clay? If so- are you a thrower? a handbuilder? All of the above?
I know that there are a few classes that are about to go up- please check every day. I do know that these classes will be posted soon. Looping in @Liv7301 and @AvalancheOfFox

2 Likes

Just starting out, I recently just made a mug as a present for someone. Other than that just stuff I’ve learned off of YouTube! I would love to sign up for those classes! Should I wait till they are posted or could someone go ahead and add me? I just don’t wanna miss it :smile:

unfortunately everyone has to wait until the classes come up on the schedule but they should be up tomorrow i believe

1 Like

Awesome, ill just keep an eye on the schedule.

2 Likes

There’s an app that you can download that immediately refreshes the classes. Makes things easier.

1 Like

These classes should be available in 3 days!

…and here are some more classes that will be up in a day

You’re giving away my trick to always get into classes! If you tell everyone about the app, I won’t have an advantage anymore! :sob:

:wink: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Now, now. We can’t be playing favorites. :slight_smile: Sharing is caring.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to log in to sign up for any of the classes! I changed my password a few times and it keeps telling me the log in info is incorrect. There is only a couple spots left now. Is there someone that could help me?

please try again. I updated you.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what’s your level of skill? And what are you trying to sign up for?

1 Like