New Glock Gen5?

How is the PPS? I’ve been wanting to try one ever since I first saw them appear.

But I still wanna buy a 1911 in 9mm at some point… :slight_smile:

Seems to give up little for being so small. I find it slightly more challenging to shoot than full-size pistols, but it doesn’t feel like a bad handicap - could be the short barrel length as much as the diminutive cross-section. Mag release is interesting. I prefer the 7-round magazines over the 6- and 8-round - adds a pinkie rest without hurting concealment unlike the 8-round. Can supposedly handle +P ammo at the expense of moderately accelerated wear. I should get night sites for it. Carries easily with an average belt and an IWB holster.

Reviewers hate in in .40 S&W. This curse seems to follow a lot of European guns designed around 9mm with .40 being an afterthought that strains the capabilities of the platform - was certainly an issue with Walther’s otherwise fantastic P99.

If I had to do it all over again I might consider some of the other single-stack pistols on the market. Ruger’s LC9 seems well-reviewed and is now available without manual the safety and trigger disconnect. I was impressed with the original double-stack Springfield XD pistols - suspect they did a good job with the single-stack models. Would also look at the Glock pistols now that they’ve gotten in on the game.

Add 1 more mm to the caliber and I might share that interest. Because reasons. Not going to claim they’re good reasons. Or I could try to scour a G20 from somewhere.

You guys should really go shoot some IDPA. Really. This Club is local, puts on first rate matches, and is very welcoming to beginners. The equipment requirements are very modest. What you learn may save your life someday. No shit.

You’ll walk away with a completely different perception about your rig, and your skills at fighting with a pistol. And what you want in your next pistol.

** This message brought to you by the Coalition for Practicing a Thing the Way you Expect to Use It of America™

1 Like

Aye. Something that’s been on my radar for a long time now. I’d also do SASS were it not for the role-playing requirement (and I really just want to shoot revolver). My Copious Spare Time however has its stubborn limits.

2 Likes