New Dev board! The Jetson Nano $99

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14101/nvidia-announces-jetson-nano

Might replace the Raspberry Pi soon!

Can we buy one?! @artg_dms

1 Like

I also was intrigued by this when it popped up on my feed this morning. I was thinking it’s more of a @Team_VCC item though.

Idk about replacing the PI anytime soon. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an interesting looking board, but its 3X+ the price of a PI, and doesn’t have the community or ecosystem.

5 Likes

This will replace the pi in the same way that the pi replaced arduino.

3 Likes

Long live Arduino!

Long live RPi!

Almost same price as a Pi but with a lot more ooomph. Granted, not as much horsepower as the Jetson, but $ does make a difference.

3 Likes

If that’s x86 it opens up a lot of stuff.

There are about dozen raspberry pi clones that are cheaper with more power. However, the community around the raspi makes it unbeatable

1 Like

I got one from the Kickstarter if anyone wants to see it in person.

I got one too, but haven’t had time to fire it up yet.

Anyone know of compatible camera modules?

I know it’s got a CSI-2 interface, but I’m thinking something that doesn’t need new driver development and preferably that would actually plug into the board without a custom interface board.

I see where Sparkfun is going to sell them, so maybe Sparkfun will sell a camera eventually, but that’s a pretty big project compared to anything I have seen coming from them.

I seem to recall that you can use a Raspberry Pi V2 camera with the Jetson nano. And the supplied software has a built in driver for the Pi camera.

Russell Ward

I should teach a class on these would be fun

1 Like