New Ceramic Yarn Bowl Class - Dec 5th (Class Canceled)

I have a Ceramic Yarn Bowl Class up on the calendar. It’s Tuesday Dec. 5th at 7pm. The bowls can be finished and ready by Christmas.

Have a knitter in the family? Just need something to toss your keys in? Come join us and learn how to cut, carve, and alter a decorative ceramic bowl.

We will not cover glazing in this class. If you are unfamiliar with glazing techniques, please sign up for the Ceramics Glaze Basics class or make arrangements with the instructor to finish your piece.

Box-cake Pottery: If you would like a thrown bowl (blank) please contact the instructor ([email protected] or @shirley on talk) so the appropriate number can be prepared. Bowls will be $5 or $10 each, depending on size, payable at the beginning of class.

From Scratch: You can also bring your own leatherhard thrown or handbuilt bowl. If you have any questions about dryness, weight, clay bodies, etc., please message us.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/4507

There are only 6 seats available for the class. For those who need a bowl blank, they will be made from a really white clay.

5 Likes

I sell quite a few whimsical “yarn bowls” in my Gallery!

They make great gifts

1 Like

If anyone is interested in doing a more advanced bowl that has carved decorative elements or sculptural elements, I can cover that in class and help get you started. I’ll bring my carving tools, extra clay and slip for the blanks. If you’re bringing your own, make sure you bring extra clay and slip if you intend to attach elements on.

If you are planning on purchasing a blank at the class from me and intend to try relief carving, let me know so I can make sure make an appropriate thick walled bowl for you.

1 Like

Due to the kilns not firing properly, I’ve canceled this event. Once the kilns are back up, I’ll look at rescheduling. In the meantime, all registered attendees have been informed. If anyone is interested in learning how to carve a yarn bowl, let me know.

1 Like