New Arrival - 44 inch Widebed HP T610 Color Printer

The new 44 inch Widebed Printer has arrived for Creative Arts. All of the paper supplies are in the corner of the room, 12 rolls of various paper.

The unit is fully functional but needs new ink cartridges and one new print head. I will not be purchasing the supplies, it is up to Creative Arts to procure them.

1. MK-Y HP 72 Printhead, HP #C9383A, cost about $75.00
  2. Gray Ink Cartridge, HP 72
  3. Photo Black Ink Cartridge, HP 72
  4. Matte Black Ink Cartridge, HP 72
  5. Yellow Ink Cartridge, HP 72
  6. Magenta Ink Cartridge, HP 72
  7. Cyan Ink Cartridge, HP 72

Ink Cartridges cost about $60 each or you can purchase a refillable version like I am currently using for the 24 inch printer in the Expansion Room Conference Room.

13 Likes

You’re amazing! Thank you. The comittee approved the supplies so now we wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

CA voted to purchase materials to get us started in our last meeting.

5 Likes

Can this one print on canvas like the last one?

No, it is paper only. Current plans are to stock matte and gloss only. Additional media may be allowed only with pre-approval.

2 Likes

Training required?

Classes?

I’d be shocked if it changed to not be training required. Cannot speak for the rest of the SIG, but I plan to offer at least one training class a month and a few project classes once its up and running.

1 Like

It will absolutely be training required. @hardsuit and the rest of the Wide Format Printer SIG will need to organize trainings.

2 Likes

Any idea how much it will cost per foot? And if you supply your own paper?

Unknown at this moment what pricing will be used. Bring your own media is also a question mark this second. Unlike the Epson this is a rear loading printer so feasible clearance for frequent changes comes into play as well as if it’s possible to do both kinds of tracking. Of course even with BYOM there will need to be an ink charge.

1 Like

I’m out of town until next week. Once I’m back we can get the supplies ordered, and start running numbers to get a idea on cost of use.

1 Like

Thanks much @richmeyer for getting this going.

I’ve added it to the Tools page on the wiki. I’ve listed it as “coming soon”, so when it’s up and running I’ll remove that qualifier.

The listing has links to the manufacturer’s specs and also the (24MB) user guide.

2 Likes

Whoever is putting the training material together…one piece of advice. Never turn the printer off, always keep it turned on even if it is not being used.

The reason is that periodically the printer will automatically perform a self maintenance test which will keep the ink supplies and printer heads from clogging up. The worst thing you can do is let any inkjet printer set with the power off and the ink gets dried up inside. I spent over a day flushing out the ink supplies and lines for all six ink reservoirs and the three print heads. Follow this simple advice and maintenance will be reduced to only replacing ink cartridges. This is a great printer.

6 Likes

Refillable cartridges are the only way to go with this, it’s way too expensive otherwise which will raise the cost for everyone.

I also agree with @richmeyer it uses a small amount of ink when auto flushing the head only saves a nightmare of problems. I don’t expect it to not get used, only a maintenance print prevents clogging also.

It will be interesting to see how the paper is? I get my paper from Red River Paper (I just found out today they are in Dallas, Im not from here so I’ve been ordering it)

We already have a supplier in mind for compatible refillable cartridges, bulk ink, and cleaning supplies.

We will use the existing compatible paper stock until we’re out, and will evaluate the best long term media types to stock in the interim.

1 Like

Awesome, sounds great.