Neoprene Mouse Pads any good alternative uses?

So I have about 300 miss printed mouse pads, and like any good hoarder, I can’t put myself to just trash them. Any good alternative uses fore these???
This is what they look like.

2 Likes

I often cut them up and put things like desk fans so they don’t rattle. Great on work benches to keep things from sliding around.

They would be great for making cos-play armor, etc. just edge glue and paint.

@Mrholthaus may use them with forming metal parts. We use a lot of neoprene with metal forming (drop hammers) Toss a bunch in and WHACK, remove some, WHACK. Didn’t need progressive dies. Work the same for manual forming, prevents over stretching on initial hammer blows.

2 Likes

Glue to appropriately sized/shaped pieces of 2"x4" and use as sandpaper blocks. The not-to-spongy surface holds the paper well and also yields a bit to help ensure sandpaper conforms to a surface better.

7 Likes

I like the sanding block option, that would be a great use and better it is something I hate to buy.

1 Like

If you accidentally make too many you can always drop some by the 'Space? *he wrote passive-aggressively*

I have plenty of mouse pads, if you would like to make sanding blocks for the space you can directly ask for the donation toward that project.

But, the space as a whole has lost so much value to me that, I do not carry any inkling of generosity of my time or effort towards it. Add the asinine rules in the woodshop and banning of the most common wood yellow pine from the room well before setting up alternative tools for use with yellow pine and my negative feelings are further reinforced. Written with disappointment for the current situation of DMS.

They’re also great for opening stubborn jars

3 Likes

Sew the ends together for can/bottle koozies.

Also might make good backing / desk-saver for any X-acto blade work

Flex-glue a few layers of them for impromptu kneeling pads for the car or other place.

Cut to shape for shoe inserts.

4 Likes

OOO, Neoprene FLIP FLOPS!!!

1 Like