Needing help with my VINTAGE PC hording problem

Hello my name is JC, im new to the maker space (1st day) and heard of a vintage PC group and of meet ups. Hopefully im in the right spot. I have been collecting vintage PC and parts for a few years or a better way to put it, saving them from being recycled or just from the elements. I know very little about the vintage PC world but for some reason couldn’t let them be destroyed and spent my free time lugging them out of a collapsing barn (has now been demolished), dumpster diving, and driving hours to pick them up from family members that were clearing out their storage and knew i had a collection. Unfortunately iv collected too much and need all of it gone since its creating issues with space and the money would help with car repairs. I have 5150 motherboards, cases, floppy drives, 5160 turbo clones, TeleVideo TS-1605, IBM printers, boxes of software (some are still in their original wrap), sound cards, unidentified cards and motherboards, and way much more!. I need help identify all of it. Willing to trade some items for the help. Please have the knowledge or willingness to research everything because some items have stumped other people that were well versed in this world. If this isn’t the right forum for this, a point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thank you!

@mrcity and some characters

@Raymond can also tell you about the group

Hi JC, where are you located? I’d be happy to run by and help you ID things.

The next event is the 28th of January at DMS.

1 Like

Is this the same, but viewable by the public sans login?
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/?category=78#collapse-3

Yes, except he’d probably want to join the FB group that the locals are on. :wink:

1 Like

Or maybe he’ll want to just say no to negative peer pressure… :smiley:

Hopefully fun & games either way. :+1:

Great! Ill definitely go! Thank you!

The TeleVideo is a personal project since the display wont work. It turns on and even tries to read the floppies but it then turns of or it seems like it… I assume it might be a blown capacitor or fuse but haven’t gotten around to check and not sure if i want to sell it but it depends how much it’ll need to take to fix my car. I live around royal ln and midway. But please be very knowledgeable. Because the last person wasted a lot of my time.

I can tell you from experience and background there is no one better than @Raymond to identify or work on electronics. I’m always amazed at what he’s accomplished with his electronics projects. He’s probably seen it all in his career/lifetime. He can certainly provide a great deal of information.

I highly recommend you getting together with him to ID your stuff, if he’s willing.

@Raymond Okay I look forward to getting educated. I’m free this week if you’d like to stop by. But ill need a day or two to find everything, unpack them, and lay them out for you.

Where in the metromess are you located?

Tomorrow is Friday, so unless you want to push to next week, time is short for this one. :slight_smile:

@Raymond I live off of midway and royal. ill give ya the exact address when you PM me since i cant figure out how to send you one just yet. Ill start to unpack and lay out everything in my backyard. Hopefully I can have everything out by Sunday BUT Monday should work as well. Will you be available Sunday OR Monday?

I’m available either day.