Needing a tour guide

Hello! We are looking for someone willing to show us around the Dallas Makerspace. We were directed here to find a volunteer willing to lead this experience. I look forward to connecting with you.

1 Like

Hellos and welcome to the space. I can do Sat/Sun 12pm if that works? Can meet at the front door mask required. :hugs:

1 Like

HELLO @JBlueJkt - Thank you for your offer.
I’m with a school and we are looking for a Friday afternoon if possible…
Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Not to be a downer. How old are the students? They’ll need parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver to come inside. The youngest a person can be an add-on member is 16 if their parent or guardian is with them. Many machines and processes require you to be 18 - a legal adult, to operate them or be a full/regular member.

I’m only bringing this up, because if the intent is a a tour with the hope of joining, if under 16 they’ll have to have a parent or guardian with them in the immediate vicinity when at DMS. They’d have 24 access and a door RFID. If they are 16 or 17, there are still a lot of things they can do without someone accompanying them - but again a parent or guardian would have to join also.

I hope this helps. Don’t want any false expectations.

I’m off on Fridays and I would be happy to give y’all a tour.

Hi @Photomancer - It’s for my teachers, not students. We actually have a “makerspace” inside of our school. We are wanting to diversify our tools. Hope that provides you clarity.

1 Like

Awesome! @lukeiamyourfather would 1:30pm work? My email is [email protected] - will you email me so we can finalize arrangements?

1 Like