Need Volunteers at First Robot competition in Coppell Sat Feb 5

A friend at Coppell New Tech High School contacted me about volunteering for a First robotics competition Saturday, they still have a few open spots, We have a metal shop meeting Saturday afternoon so I am just volunteering as an Inspector Saturday morning.

If anyone else is interested here is signup information
My contact at the school is Robert Hunter [email protected]
In March when they start talking about next years competition I’m planning on giving a tour to the students,parents, and teachers, might be a good opportunity to recruit some new members, Sounds like they build these things now with basic hand tools.

As soon as you’ve registered, I’ll add you officially and it’ll email you what classes you need.

Classes don’t take long. It’s mostly about not sharing sensitive info and things like that.
You need to find this event and volunteer for a role.

• TX-North Spring Qualifier #4 – FTC
    Coppell, Texas, TX February 5, 2022

If you’ve got some people who want to help that’d be AWESOME!!

I need

• 2 more inspectors (7:30 – 10:30)
  • 2 referees (9:00 – 4:30ish)
    • This one is exciting!! You watch the match and call fouls. Very easy to learn
  • 1 judge (7:30 – 4:30ish)
    • This one is more subdued but also fun. Teams are required to explain how they designed the robot, how they overcame obstacles, what they learned, and how they are reaching out to the community to promote STEM and FIRST. Judges conduct 15 minute private interviews with the teams in the morning before the event starts. During the event, they ask whatever follow up question they need to determine winners. You will be paired with experienced judges, so 1st timers are welcome!

Here’s a link to what a match looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enXrCE0RZnM

Anyone who volunteers would need the same steps you are.

Feel free to share this with anyone!

volunteer-registration-user-guide.pdf (1.3 MB)

6 Likes

NOAA says we’ll have sleet/freezing rain and snow today through noon and a chance through 3pm tomorrow.

Friday high 31… , low around 12f over night into Saturday morning.

There’s a chance the roads may still suck badly by Saturday morning…

Dang, if I wasn’t already busy I would so be down! I very much enjoyed my time with FRC

1 Like