Need stapler to create small booklet

I am producing a small booklet for a class I have on Monday. The booklet is the same form factor as the members handbook produced by PR. I need a stapler that can reach to the center of an 8.5 x 11" paper to staple the booklet like the member’s handbook. Do we have one, and if so where can I find it?

1 Like

I think the copier has a staple function. I realize this might not be super helpful if you’ve already printed your booklets. If it comes down to it you could lay the booklet open flat and open a regular stapler up and staple into a piece of foam or cork board and then manually fold the barbs of the staples down.

3 Likes

but I’m sure you’ve already seen that.
I’m just saying, maybe, if someone has a “regular stapler” to donate, MAKING a long reach could be fun, interesting to talk about, and useful…

1 Like

CA has or had a long reach stapler.

2 Likes

I can bring one by and lone it to you. PM me with your member box location and I’ll drop it off there. Just need it back in a week or so time frame.

2 Likes

I see that DMS has a couple of leather sewing machines, you might consider sewing the spines.

1 Like

They are LEATHER sewing machines. They can do heavy fabric (with needle change) but paper will ruin the leather or other needles not designed for paper, just as they do fabric scissors. They have knife edge needles.

Please don’t recommend or use tools for what they are not designed for have been configured for.

How To: Do paper sewing

[Paper only needle. Like scissors, paper will dull a needle much more quickly than fabric will. If you will be switching back and forth from paper and fabric frequently, you may want to have dedicated paper needle. Brenda at blog.authentiquepaper.com recommends using a size 16 denim-grade needle. If you will be sewing lots of heavier paper layers (i.e. several layers of cardstock), you may want to opt for a more heavy duty needle.

Setting the tension. Many people find that the auto tension setting is just fine for paper projects. If this doesn’t work for you or your machine doesn’t have an auto setting, you’ll have to experiment a little bit. I usually set it at 1 or 2. Some projects may require different settings than others.](https://feltmagnet.com/crafts/How-to-Machine-Sewing-Stitching-With-Paper-Tips-Ideas-Tutorials-Projects)

Neither of our leather sewing machines have automatic tensioning, they are sent out to have the tension reset for leather because people mess with the tensioner and can’t get it back - deadlining the machine. The machines should not have the tension adjusted.
@missydee1206 @mreynolds

Thanks for calling this to my attention.
Please do not use the leather machines for anything but leather. Those not cleared to use the machines should not use them for anything.

Thanks for the information everybody, and the offer to borrow one Nick. I ended up purchasing one from Amazon which will arrive today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006HVU8S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like