Need some Photoshop Assistance

I want to take a 35mm (RAW) photo and convert it to a sketch in photoshop. To ultimately etch it on wood using the laser. Just need some help with the basics, like which computer has Photoshop and what do I need to log into the program.

Check the “design” computers in the common room (against the south wall). All should have Photoshop; at the very least I’m sure the two on the RHS do.

You need to sign up for a (free) Adobe account on Adobe’s website. You will use that to log in to use DMS’ Adobe license.

1 Like

I haven’t installed Creative Cloud on the new PC yet but it should be on the two older digital media PCs.

Thanks, John. Very helpful.

1 Like

Thank you, Julie.

John,
I could probably help you with the photoshop if you need help with that. Its pretty simple to convert the photo to a sketch one you get into the program–you may know that already. Id love to know how you etch the image using lazer. Ive decided recently that I want to get into that.

1 Like

A class on this would be amazing if you want to teach. :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to help you out with the laser, you can take an online class at learn.dallasmakerspace.org and you’re welcome to PM me if you have any questions or if you want to set up a time to go over it.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Thank you for offering your help. I’m taking the laser class now actually. I became a member just yesterday. Once I get acquainted with how things work I’m definitely open to posting some class ideas and seeing what folks are interested in learning. If anyone has an Illustrator or Photoshop question feel free to PM me, i’m glad to help.

1 Like

Hi Ishmael,
Thanks for the offer to help with photoshop. I walked thru the online tutorial on photoshop website last night and while I’m not computer iliterate there were a lot of processes that I didn’t understand without the program up in front of me.