Need some people to quickly try out this site - possible way to do the silent auction

Found this and hopefully it will work. This is free to use if we make it super minimal.
Pop around a bit (only two items) and see if anything seems off. If it’s a go I hope to get it up by tomorrow. We would end the digital part at some point and transfer it to a “live” event at the picnic. @MellissaRhodes @mreynolds @Adam_Oas

Seems to work, thanks for the excellent effort on all picnic related items

everything seems to work well. I created an account bounced around to everything. Pretty standard stuff as online auctions and stores go. The auction is not ‘live’ so couldn’t test the bid or buy it now. My only question is what is checkout like? CC required? Paypal? I would want to see/test that before I would give it a thumbs up.

I know it would cost $60 to even try. I think it’s the way we will set it up. I looked at the demo auction and it seems to be pretty standard as well.

Why would it have to cost $60?

The only advantage of using the transition to live event would be to have the payments go through their system. It seems like we might be able to use a square reader with Robert’s newest plan to set one up for generic (non committee specific) payments/donations…

Also, I realize that the demo is fake… But is there any way you would consider using our official logo if/when you set up a real online auction ~ Especially if it’s going to be public, which I’m guessing will be the case. :dms: :smiley:

Ya I poked around a bit and I’m thinking the $60 isn’t worth it. It takes a percent off that plus what paypal/square could do. I think that’s a bit much. I think we can handle it with a point person (mark volunteered)

and yes about the logo. I have a limited amount of time and was just working with things I had on my desktop.

It will only have 20 of the items on it. Probably most of the donors from companies and the larger items so they can get some attention. The other items will be at the picnic to bid on. I think this is the only way to make it work and make it fair.

Ill hopefully be back tomorrow.

1 Like

well I wouldn’t actually finish the checkout, just go as far as I can to see what it needs to buy.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for being my guinea pigs. By tomorrow we should be live with some choice items.

1 Like