Need leatherworking training

I was wondering if training was available for leather working. I walked by the creative arts section and saw that the leatherworking materials and tools require training.

Thank you.

Do you have any experience with them now?

We’re looking at taking some of the tools off “training required” or moving to something similar to what 3D Fab is using (online class).

So, short answer is - yes, with a few qualified caveats.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with any of the tools unfortunately.

1 Like

Not unfortunate at all! Just gives me a baseline to set for what you need. :slight_smile:

Give me a day or so to figure it out and we’ll get you taken care of.

1 Like

Then probably where you should start is figuring out your project. That will inform your choices of machines to use.

Not that I’m the person to help, mind you. I’ve just found that it makes the learning stick better if I make something. We’re still doing the social distancing thing, so it’s making project classes a bit weird.

If I can be of assistance let me know. I still want to do that class we messaged about.

I’m definitely still interested if it is available

I’ll have a better answer for you after tonight’s CA meeting - one of the topics is tools that are/aren’t training required and a plan for addressing them. In any case, I can run you through the tools (in whatever level you want/need) later this week/weekend.

2 Likes