Need Help with Pinball Machine

Hi,
I just joined Makerspace a few days ago. I have a pinball machine that needs some work. It’s been sitting for about 5 years and I honestly don’t remember what was broken. It did work when I bought it. I know space is limited in the Vector area… so whenever there is space, I’d love some advice/help in how to fix this. I think it’s a “1776” Machine. Thanks! Andrew Newsom

Andrew, looks like VECTOR has an upcoming series of classes on pinball machine restoration: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/2800. Cheers, Darren

1 Like

Paging @engpin

He talked about a couple of machines leaving soon which would make room for new project machines to come in for repairs.

Raymond

Sounds like it could be a Gottlieb Spirit of '76. Check with the current chairperson (Jayson Woods) aka @engpin here on the forum to get it evaluated for new project onboarding.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help…

Hi Jayson,
Just let me know if/when there might be some space. I’ve also signed up for the class on the 29th. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome,
Post a pic please. :slight_smile:

If is it a Electro Mechanical machine, odds are it just needs cleaning and adjustment of the mechs. This sounds scary, but really isn’t. Often times it is as little as cleaning contacts which often don’t even require disassembly.

Good luck on the project. If you need a second set of eyes, hit me up once you’re in the shop.

Hey Andrew. You can get ahold of me at [email protected]

Thanks! I’ll pull it down and get a photo for you.

Andrew