Need Help Designing and Building a Display

It’s about 40"x60" and I generally have about 6ftx6ft of display area.

No worries! Thanks for all your input though!! :slight_smile:

Got it. Let me put something together.
Do you want/need the display to be on one side only?

@MayaXKiwi f you need help building it, I have reasonable rates. Message me and we can work something out.

Please check your inbox.

Post some pics of your final shelving. Love seeing ideas when completed. Sometimes they go into interesting directions!

1 Like

Do you think this is structurally sound? Or would it tip and lean?

If it’s safe, would it be possible to make this in a 40x60 with a Hinge in the middle, and french cleats as shelves instead of pegs? That way it would be easy to assemble and disassemble?

1 Like

You can make the legs longer, and/or have it slightly tilted backwards to make it less prone to keeling over to the front(and to minimize the legs in front, so they are less of a tripping hazard).

2 Likes

i would also screw a board between the legs in the back and keep spare stock there to act as a counterweight

Not clear to me where the hinge is located:

• hinged so can be unfolded to be larger than 40x60
  • hinged so it is smaller than 40x60 when folded

I have used something like you show , but made it as an easel with hinged legs on the back to give it enough lean to be stable. Legs need a stop of some type to keep from going spread eagle on the floor, but there are lots of options for that.

1 Like

hinged so it can be smaller. A 40x60 could be folded to a 40x30 and fit in the trunk without having to keep the seats down. Also considering this as an option without wheels, but I have no idea how that arrow ledge is working.