Need discount code for membership for retired senior citizen. Help!

Need help obtaining code for membership for retiree discount. Help!

@Team_Infrastructure ? I understand you’ve emailed accounts a couple of times already.

Yes I have. Got one reply that said no discount for senior citizens. I did hear that it was available when I took December Tour. I have also attended Ceramics 101. Need to pay membership and obtain fob. Thank you.

This is the exact text that was in the reply to Ticket # 620562 inquiring about a senior discount:

Pat,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
We do not currently offer a discount for “Senior Citizens”. Our current rate schedule may be found here on our web site . If any of the reduced rates are applicable, send email to [redacted] with the necessary proof. For example, retirees are asked to provide their retirement date, the company with which they retired, and the last position held with the company; veterans are asked for a (redacted SSN) copy of their retiree card or DD214; students may provide a copy of a current, paid fee receipt, etc. If approved, a promo code will be sent in reply to that inquiry with a code that can be input during checkout to reflect the discounted rate for the inquiring person’s membership.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

No other emails have arrived in regards to this matter.

As stated, we do not offer a “Senior discount”.
We do offer others, and those rates can be found on our web site:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Current_Rate_Schedule
Emailing accounts with specific questions can provide more explicit information about a specific discount.

We look forward to helping out with this.

1 Like

I believe it’s the Retired Discount that is being inquired about, as stated in the original post of this thread.

Vocabulary choices make all the difference…

4 Likes

I am still confused a bit. After reading the policies for a discount, I retired about 5 years ago after being an independent medical transcriptionist for over 30 years. I am 72 years old. I am recently widowed and have fixed social security income. Does that make me qualified for a discount. Sorry for the questions but I want to pay correct membership fee.

Thank you.