Need camera training

Hi, I’m a newer member of the space. I was wondering if someone could train me on using the photography cameras. I am also wondering if it would be possible to borrow one of these cameras. Primarily, I wanted to borrow one to take come graduation photos for my younger sister, who graduates this winter. The plan is to rent a studio space and get some good, high quality images. I would also like to use one of the cameras to take pictures of some of the items that I have made at the space.

There is an online course that will give you access to the cameras but you can’t take them off site without the permission of the chair @bearaudio81

The course is at learn.dallasmakerspace.org

1 Like

Thanks for your response, I don’t see the class to take it in the learn section. The only digital media course I see available is the lockers class.

can confirm only locker training available at this time.
@bearaudio81 ?

that is correct sir.

Hello,
I know in other cities I have lived in some camera stores also provided rentals for a day. You can do a search online for local camera stores and see if they have either mirrorless or DSLR rentals.

If you are a member and know what you would be renting if we can find a good time slot for both of us I could help with some basics.

Thanks
Jerry

Hi, thank you for your reply.
I’ve figured out a work around for renting a camera so I won’t need it as immediately. However, I am still interested in being trained on the camera equipment (for use such as product photography at the space). Is there a time that would work best for you? I am generally free on evenings and weekends but with my hybrid job I am able to plan to go to the space earlier. I’ll also be there saturday for the vinyl cutter class.

Hello,
Weekends and weeknights are also better for me. This Saturday won’t work for me. However a weeknight next week I could do. Would Wednesday evening work around 6 can meet in the digital space.

Hi,
Wednesday evening should work for me also. I can meet you there.
Thanks,

Hi, just checking in. Are we still good for today at 6pm?

I’m here whenever you get here if we are still good to go over cameras today

I guess some other time then

2 Likes

Hello, Sorry about the miss. I had some unexpected work come up that kept me busy till well past 8 pm. Sunday would be the next day I could be available.

Would you be available Sunday evening?

Hello, How late Sunday evening? Would 6pm work?

6pm should work for me also. I’ll probably ask again tomorrow afternoon to confirm.

I may have to take a rain check today. I have a couple of events going on so I probably won’t be able to get there at 6p today

Hello, Thanks for letting me know. Hope the events go well. Maybe a weeknight or next weekend.

Is there a weeknight you think you would be free to teach me?

Do you think you’ll have any availability tomorrow? I’ll be in the area