Need a broken guitar string

Are there any broken High E guitar strings out there?

(repeats to self)
I don’t wanna know…
I don’t wanna know…
I don’t wanna know…

2 Likes

Meet me at Guitar Center. Wear running shoes

2 Likes

That’s actually not too far off from what I am betting he wants it for.

Well, not broken, but I do need to restring one of my guitars and if you need a used one, this will give me incentive…they’re 12 strings so a reason to take it seriously would help motivate me.

Thank you Steve! My daughter, who lives in North Carolina, has started pottery classes, and since I’m a makerspace member, she has asked me to make a tool. Your strings will help me score some points.

1 Like

Fishing line works well too

I was betting cheese slicer.

My money was on a line burning/etching detail tool for wood turning. :–)

1 Like

Wow, all these comments and not a single G string joke. OK. Strings replaced. Just need to get these to you. What works?

1 Like

I’ll be at the space tonight by 7, and again tomorrow night same time, and I’m there Saturdays to help with tours. If none of those work, send me a DM.

I’ll try to drop by tonight. where will you be working?

Most likely in the interactive room after the board meeting. I’m not on the board, but I’ll be with some of them when they’re done.

If you don’t see me, I have a dewalt tool bag in the interactive room, along with some other kite making stuff. Just put it in that tool bag, and thank you!

A coupe of feet of wire from the MIG welder will work for this (I made one a couple years ago using scrap from the Woodshop as well). I have some stainless steel no-flux MIG wire I can put in an envelope and mail to you if you’d like - PM me.

Also can be used to make a wire burning tool for adding burn lines to turned objects on the lathe.

Thanks a whole lot Mike! I think what I got last night From Steve will do me for awhile. I don’t have any plans for production work, just a little one-off thingy. I do like the way those burn lines look…