My First 3-D Printing Project Assistance Needed

I just finished modeling what is to be my 1st 3-D printing project and can use some extra assistance, please.

I modeled my project at home via my DMS SolidWorks Student License.
I also completed the on-line training and downloaded & printed that training into a binder.

Is there a specific process used to create and save the STL file? At work, we use CATIA and there is a specific process.

I will need to use the Elegoo Mars, as the part will be investment cast.

My casting will be done outside of DMS, as my castings are of yellow brass and nickel-silver.

What is resin product-specific info as I need to convey this info (i.e. burn-out temp) to my caster.

Also, since this is my first project, is anyone available on the weekends (Fri thru Sun) who can assist me?

Recommendations from the wax manufacturer (Senertek):

PLASTICAST (an R & R investment)

• Mix the investment with 39 parts distilled water with 100 parts investment (39mls water per 100g of powder). You can also test with 36:100 ratio.
  • Mix as long as possible for maximum strength.
    • Adding 0.5% - 2% boric acid in the investment powder can create better surface quality.
    • Just mix boric acid 1% with 60 degree water (140o F); dissolve it as you dissolve sugar in water. Let the water come to 50 degrees (122o F) and then start to mix with Gibson and then cylinder
  • Using refrigerated distilled water will extend the working time significantly
  • Use a bench time of minimum of 4 hours, this can be extended to 6 hours to overnight for additional strength

FAST BURNOUT FOR PLASTICAST

• Place in 200F oven for 2.5 hours
  • Ramp at 650F per hour to 1350F degrees, hold for 2.5 hours
  • Ramp at 350F to 950F hold till cast

NORMAL BURNOUT FOR PLASTICAST

• Place the flask in a 175F furnace for 2.5 hours
  • Go to 175C/350F over 45 minutes and hold for 2 hours
  • Then go to 500F over 45 minutes and hold for 2 hours
  • Ramp to 760C/1400 F at a rate of 240F per hour and hold at 1400F for 4 hours
  • Then drop to casting temperature

HEAVY BURNOUT FOR PLASTICAST

• Ramp to 100C/212F, 50 minutes
  • Hold 100C/212F, 3 hours
  • Ramp to 177C/351F, 50 minutes
  • Hold 177C/351F, 3 hours
  • Ramp to 760C/1400F, 6 hours
  • Hold 760C/1400F, 3 hours
2 Likes