Mushrooms... curious

Any members at DMS have any experience with mushrooms (in the strictly botanical sense…). :slight_smile:

This array popped up in the front yard recently. It’s happened before and usually some days after rains. Curious to know what types these are or any interesting info about them. Yes, I can (and will) google them but thought it might be an interesting topic to share a little knowledge and learn a little.

Cheers,

1 Like

Your best bet is to reach out to the N. Texas mushroom identification group on Facebook. I’ve found mushrooms in my backyard which I eventually identified as Reishi. I dried and made some tea from them, and I’m still alive. However there are definitely some extremely poisonous mushrooms that commonly pop up in urban yards after rains so you want to make 200% sure that you correctly identify them.
We’ve taught a mushroom growing class in the past, and we have some Lion’s Mane and a few other cultures stored in the Science fridge. I’ll look into teaching that class again because it was a lot of fun.

6 Likes