MultiCam Lubrication

I’m going to try to be there tonight (Mon, Nov 30) to prepare the next wasteboard. I’ll post here, probably late in the afternoon, when I know for certain if I can make it.

But, I’m only 15 minutes from DMS so meeting is fairly convenient.

I have a plan that makes tracking optional and “spreads the load” evenly. We can chat about it when we meet.

@themitch22, two others I can’t yet recall, and I leveled the “right front” zone. I have a vague recollection one of the others was present when the “left front” zone was leveled. But, it’s a good idea to check. We could have easily missed something.

I’m concerned there is not enough material remaining in the “left front” zone. It looks an awful lot like the street in front of DMS; way too much dip.

I thought the double stick tape went between the boards to prevent material falling through. Were you using the tape just to hold the boards down or to also stick the boards to each other?

You could but the likelihood of success is low. The valleys are deep and numerous. Getting a good seal is nigh impossible.

Ooh. I so want to try that.

I think machining the surface splits step eight…

1. Let the material in the kerfs cure completely.
    8.1. Machine the surface parallel to the gantry
    8.2. Once cured and the surface prepared, you can turn the vacuum off.

This was the reason. Never put tape “between” the boards. There’s too much violence in the XY directions for that to ever hold. Plus it’s nigh impossible to cut the boards so precisely that they will line up squarely when reassembled.

Epoxy, Bondo, etc. can be used to repair a damaged plenum. Fill as needed, recut the channels, surface, etc.

Still heading up there tonight(Monday)?

Yes. I should be there about 7 PM. I have some things to 3D print so I’ll be in 3D Fab for about 15 minutes after arriving.

@Brian are you planning on continuing with the spoil board replacement project tonight? If so, about what time? Thanks

I am. Maybe 7:30.

Leaving in about five minutes. Should be there in 15 minutes.