Most of the poly printers down? 5/30/21

It was not a good day in the 3D printer last Saturday, a gentleman named Jason reported a lot of the following, while I took notes on my phone:

192.168.200.92 Reporting under voltage
192.168.200.93 Broken belt
192.168.200.94 Looses communication
192.168.200.95 in pieces
192.168.200.96 in pieces

192.198.200.91 was being used by him, unfortunately my plastic refused to stick when I tried to use it, my 3D printing day was a bust.

Oh well another day, another spool.

91 is showing “Offline after error” on octoprint now.

I’ll be in today to do some other work, but I’ll stop by the printers to see if I can get any up. Otherwise @Team_3D_Fab will need to send in a request to poly printer.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this!

192.168.200.92 Reporting under voltage - new issue, but shouldn’t prevent printing
192.168.200.93 Broken belt - known issue, warranty repair request submitted
192.168.200.94 Looses communication - new issue - more details needed
192.168.200.95 in pieces - known issue with filament sensor; functions if bypassed - warranty repair request submitted
192.168.200.96 in pieces - known issue with z-axis coupler - warranty repair request submitted

1 Like

If you’re still up there and hoping to print on 91, can you click on the “Terminal” tab in Octoprint and paste whatever error text is there?

One of our top action items is to get the terminal log into a centralized location where we can trigger alerts, but we’re not quite there yet.

No errors, the plastic simply did not stick when I tried to use it, We (the users) definitely need to up our game reporting problems,so they can be fixed. I need training on the new printers when I can get it done, especially since they might be to same make/model of my printer when I get one.

1 Like

One of the features that have disappeared ir real time graphing where the extruder is during the print. Or am I just not seeing it?

I’ve noticed that octoprint plugin is missing from a few of the printers.

Most still had it last time I used them, but one or two don’t. Probably just an oversight.

What is the plugin called?

I don’t recall. It’s been some time since I set up Octoprint.

Are we talking about the GCode Viewer? That is sort of a core component, not quite a plugin.

If additional plugins have been added, it may not show up in the immediately visible tabs, but it may be in the drop down list of overflow tabs to the right edge of the tab list.

An example of the GCode Viewer to see if it is what we are talking about.

And an example of how it can hide after other plug in modules are added:

That’s the one I was thinking of. On at least one of the printers, I was not able to access that pulldown. I looked for it.

I might have missed it somewhere else, but at the time I was reasonably proficient with the printers.
( It’s been a couple of months now. )