More Donations: Vibe Tumbler

It’s the larger Harbor Fright Freight unit. We should be able to find a makerspace who can use it if we or @Team_Jewelry can’t.

1 Like

Rich

Is it a machine that tumbles stones smooth for mounting in jewelry?
What would be its application in machine shop?

It might be a fine machine, but I can see that it takes up serious space. I don’t think that we can accommodate it without out getting rid of some thing else. Perhaps, Team Jewelry can accommodate it.

Thanks for thinking of us,
Bob Karnaugh

1 Like

Stainless parts. De burr, smooth corners and edges. Consistent surface finish. Makes for pretty parts.

1 Like

I’m not advocating any particular use. Right now it walnut polishing media in it. Sam thinks automotive might want it for restoration work.

1 Like

We have some abrasive media in metal shop we could try in it.

1 Like

Ok, the fact is is that particular piece of equipment is very good for a number of things.

I personally have seen people use BB’s to knock dross off of smaller plasma cut parts, jewelry polishing, Automotive polishing and restoration, etc.

The media for that is actually quite cheap, so I would suggest that it would be allowed to be used for multiple areas, kind of like a cross-platform, but people would be required to keep it cleaned out and to provide their own media.

Of course, that being said, I understand that it seems like 90% of the members can’t seem to understand the concept of cleaning up after themselves, so it would have to be enforced and some fashion.

Perhaps another RFID for access.

But my point at the end of the day is that there are multiple things that it could be used for, if approached correctly.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love to have thisfor automotive restoration station.