Monitor problem for fusion

FYI, tonight it seemed the monitor for the fusion computer was on the fritz. Either that or the display port or the cable. Getting no signal.

We swapped the monitor with the HDMI monitor from one of the thunders ( the computer was off anyway ) and it worked.

1 Like

@Team_Laser What was the ultimate resolution to this because I seem to have the same problem tonight and this looks like the original fusion monitor?

I guess this is the same issue as on this thread: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/kludge-fix-fusion-down-due-to-computer-7-28-23/101070/8?u=mstovenour

It is back up for now.

It is the computer/monitor, not just the cable. I am working on replacing the computer as well. It’s already all planned.

Please DO NOT SCREW AROUND WITH THE WIRING.

1 Like

Do we have an ETA on when the monitor will be replaced? Trying to schedule some times to come in and work with the Fusion Pro. Thanks in advance!

Best,
Julieta

1 Like

I tried swapping out the screen and cable last night… hoping this fixes it.

Part of the issue is that for some reason the power settings keep getting reset on the computer, which is not helping to diagnose this :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless, I’m hoping to have a new computer hooked up on Sunday. One that should allow you to log in and use the fusion through your normal DMS account instead of a shared one.

3 Likes

Did this get addressed? Is the Fusion useable?

We tried to use the Fusion this afternoon…but it would not print to it :frowning:

Okay that’s a different issue that I have no idea about.
When you say it wouldn’t print, where did it start failing? Did it just never make it to the machine? Did it not pop up the software, etc…?

As far as I’m aware, replacing both the monitor and the cable seemed to have fixed the issue. Sometimes the power still gets stuck in. It gets glitched in a sleep mode, but a restart will at least fix that.

When we tried this morning with April, the Epilog properties panel never showed up. When we click print, epilog showed up in the drop down panel as an option as a printer, however we could find the properties panel to adjust speed, power etc

Where you logged in as your own user, or as the shared user.

The fusion software only works under the shared user.

Ahh, i used my own login. Ill try the shared login tomorrow. Where can i locate the user and password? It was user kevin login no?

That is the one correct. It should still be written down on the monitor which should be sitting on the floor next to it. I’m going to reprint out a label the next time I’m up.

2 Likes

I bet that is what was wrong

Hi Liamluu,

What time do you anticipate being at DMS? I’m also interested in working on the Fusion Pro, but want to coordinate so it’s not occupied when I arrive.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Julieta

Im on the machine currently, just running some test cut. No real project.