Missing nut for 1/8" (and under) bits for Shapeoko 3

Hello.

When I was last there on Saturday I could not find a nut for 1/8th or 1/16th small bits. There only nut there was for larger bits 1/4" or bigger. Attached is the photo of the larger one for reference.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 10.24.54 AM
Screenshot 2023-04-24 10.25.01 AM

There might be a separate collet that fits into the nut.

Last time I used the Shapeoko 3 there were two of these, one big and one small. The only other nuts are in a drawer but I couldn’t get them to fit onto the Shapeoko 3. I will check if the fitting nut’s collet is interchangeable.

We had 1/8 and 1/4 collets . I will check tonight . I use my own , but if the 1/8 missing I will replace it with one of mone until a replacement is sourced .

3 Likes

I placed a new 1/8 collet and nut in the drawer . There are 3 of the 1/4 setups and 1 of the 1/8 setups. I will make sure we order a couple more 1/8 collets and nuts . If you picked up the 1/8 collet and nut please bring it back .( I have my own and mine are painted yellow )

Ko

2 Likes

I did not see until yesterday that there are collet drawers and feel silly about that. Glad I could raise awareness for the 1/8" supply, and thank you! @keoliver

I was working on the small Shapeoko (2?) from the wood shop yesterday. There was what appeared to be an ER11 1/8" collet and nut rolling around in the bed. I put it in the drawer. While I should have, I got distracted and did not check the toolbox to see if there was a collet and nut in there. It may be that it is the wandering collet, or maybe not.