Milling machine work

Hi!
I have 2 small pieces that need to be milled. They’re about 3" W x 3" L x 0.5" H.

I’ve used the mill before at another makerspace in SF but not yet proficient at it. Does anyone have time to help me this week? (Will pay for your time of course!)

Thanks!
Adam
408 780 4303

The mill is likely down right now as it was needing a limit switch replacement and ways overhaul.
@procterc can tell you more. You’ll need to provide CAM files of the designs. I myself have no open time right now or in the short term.

The switch is in. I may get the grid offsets done tonight.
Needs way cover gaskets. Not in stock in Dallas.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply! Is the cnc mill up and running?

Not likely. Normally those gaskets are stocked locally. This time they appear not to have stock locally for the way covers

Dang! :frowning: Can I help expedite this somehow? Really need it! :slight_smile:

Perhaps one of these is an option:

I haven’t used either of the above, but the first one was recommended by a coworker.
I’d be interested in your feedback if you do use them.

1 Like

I was told last night they were 5 days out. Do you have someone that is going to help you with the project? We only have about 25 members currently signed off on it. There are about another 20 former members signed off at the last check.

Yes, I have someone ready to rock and he’s very experienced and signed off. The only issue is the timeline. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update and the 2 links guys!

1 Like

Please post photos of the machined parts. They look interesting and a bit outside of the stuff we usually see machined on the Haas,

1 Like

I posted them in my post.

I think Chris is asking for pictures of the finished parts versus the CAD version. It would be interesting to see how they turn out - as well as how long it took to machine them.

2 Likes

Haha sounds good, I’ll post!

1 Like

It would be great to see your setups too if you think to take a few pics.

1 Like

How do I schedule or book the cnc mill? Or just show up and hope for the best like the lasers.

It’s first come first serve. Only reservations we allow are for classes. More than likely, it won’t be in use. The guys who were using it frequently, would usually coordinate with each other.

You can look at the cameras to see if someone is using it. Of course there is no guarantee that someone won’t show up ahead of you, and the current user might also finish soon … but most times when someone is on the Haas they are there for awhile.

1 Like

In fact, please keep us posted. I’d love to see in process photos. How do you plan to hold these goodies? Inquiring minds want to learn from your process …

1 Like

Well, let’s hope it all works, I’d love to get another mentor on this! $$$

When is the next scheduled cnc mill class?