Millennial job interview

Too good not to share:

8 Likes

I call BS.
Never met a Millennial of this calibre who KNOWS there’s, like, an 8 in the morning…

6 Likes

Being squarely GenX I can understand this a little bit.

One thing I notice missing from their discussion is that of WAGE. We probably missed the previous 10 seconds from the video where the viewer would realize that it’s a 1-year unpaid internship with no promise of employment that the elderly gentleman is asking for.

10 Likes

I found this to be too funny, however, I’ve worked with a number of engineers that actually had skills and abilities. Oh wait, they didn’t come in till noon and now that I think about it they only worked long enough to make enough money to pay for their gaming machine habit. Didn’t work all that hard as I recall either. Spent a lot of time on their phones, too. Wow… I guess the interview video is more real than I thought… Except we actually hired them.

Thanks for sharing. I laughed pretty hard.

2 Likes

Speaking as someone who teaches the younger peoples don’t be all that worried they are absolutely good people. I assure you that the future will be basically ok (mostly because they’ve had me as a teacher)…oh wait…it’s now my right to blame everyone OLDER on the environment devastation and turned colleges into money sucking monsters. Smoke 'em if you got 'em peoples & get off my lawn.

http://college-tuition.startclass.com

We’re all equally screwed - let’s all work together to make it better.

6 Likes

I have had optical engineers work for me. Talk about coming in at noon … every optical engineer is making a telescope in his/her garage and of course this means they are up all night testing said telescope.

4 Likes

We are all talking tongue in cheek here, right? My son is a millennial and he’s one of the hardest working people I know. It is interesting, however, how technology has changed the way we work and the attitudes people have towards one another.

You’re right, Nicole, we’re going to be just fine. Now let’s go do some more damage to the environment so we can make some more money :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes very tongue and cheek.
Technology has very much flipped the table - I still can’t quite get used to it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

3 Likes

Wow. True Millennial skills … I can’t do that. Not even sure what one of them is. Need to get back under my rock.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Copy-paste. Fully GenX skillset.
Flipping tables & putting them back.

6 Likes

This SOOOOO looks like a cartoon from The Oatmeal. :smiley:

2 Likes

Your Quote @Adam_Oas is too funny.

Adam are you 5 years older than me? I’m a 1985 baby and this site suggests I’m a millennial.

I feel like my generation should of been called the IT generation as I’ve been taken advantage of since childhood for free IT work not just at home, but in the work place. When I was in college, I watched the professors become more about liberal politics than teaching and the schools transitioning from institutions of learn to over priced club meds.

1 Like

Personally, I like to bring avocado toast to the interview. You know, to assert dominance by letting the interviewer know I have more money than him…thanks to all the loans I took out for my BS. xP

12 Likes

Nooooot a lot of effort to figure out who authored that article…

Dr. Jill Novak, University of Phoenix, Texas A&M University.

Considerably more than that. Now get off my lawn :skull_and_crossbones:

What’s my secret you ask? I recommend good genes.

4 Likes

like Levis?

4 Likes

This video made me uncomfortable.

2 Likes